[Freeciv-Dev] Re: nl unit/terrain help screwed (PR#856)

To: Filip Van Raemdonck <mechanix@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: nl unit/terrain help screwed (PR#856)
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 01:02:17 +0200

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, mechanix@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When using the nl translation, unit help and terrain help screens in
> the GTK+ client are screwed up. I tried the xaw3d client, and it
> doesn't expose this problem.  English (no l10n) also doesn't have
> this; I couldn't try another l10n as I don't have the necessary
> locale support on my system.  I have a screenshot at
> http://people.debian.org/~mechanix/freeciv-bug.png
>
> Not that these are *not* the Debian packages; it is a selfbuilt
> binary.  IIRC the Debian packages (1.11.4) don't expose the problem
> neither, but it's been a couple of weeks since I've used them.

What version?

Assuming this is current CVS, this looks like another case of
gettext("").  For someone who has the time, this should be very easy
to track down.  Just add a wrapper to gettext() that calls abort() if
msgid is an empty string, and then inspect the core dump.  I'd do it
myself if I had the time (and used the GTK client).

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I wish I was on a Cincinnati street corner holding a clean dog!