Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Duplicated code

To: Jason Dorje Short <jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Duplicated code
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 19:05:35 +0200

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001, jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The function init_warmap is called at the beginning of
> really_generate_warmap:
>
> http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/gotohand.c?v=cvs#L293
>
> However, generate_warmap calls this function right before calling
> really_generate_warmap in several instances:
>
> http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/server/gotohand.c?v=cvs#L400
>
> What gives?  Aside from being wasteful, this seems rather bug-prone.

This is deliberate.  Note that there are different warmaps,
corresponding to different types of movement (land, sea, air...)

It would do you little harm to read the source just a little more
closely before you rush out to report a bug.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
Ask me the DIFFERENCE between PHIL SILVERS and ALEXANDER HAIG!!