Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Settler lost just after building (PR#855)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Settler lost just after building (PR#855)
From: mriser@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:57:16 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Micha Riser
Version: both 1.11.6 and 1.11 .7-devel
Client: Gtk+
OS: linux
Submission from: (NULL) (194.230.151.154)

Sometimes settlers get lost just after the city has bulild it because the
computer choses the squares in the city so that it has few production or food to
support the settler. Though it would easily be possible to keep the settler with
a good setting.

It particularly happens when the city is build near a square that has high
production or trade. In that case the computer uses this special square though
the settler gets lost.

I have seen this behavior first time when I used the beta 1.11.6 version.

I have a savegame which shows the problem. You can get it from
http://www.povworld.de/settler.gz . Connect as 'human' and look at the city
Helsinki. When the round turns the city builds a settler which immediately gets
lost because of fame.