Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Up to date packages for debian (PR#846)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Søren Bredlund Caspersen <s@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Up to date packages for debian (PR#846)
From: michaelz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Zinn)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:36:17 +1000

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 05:00:51PM -0700, Søren Bredlund Caspersen wrote:
> Hi
>
> There are binaries for debian at the debian site:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/testing/games/freeciv.html freeciv 1.11.4-3
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/games/freeciv.html freeciv 1.9.0-2.1

I'm not quite sure what the "problem report" part of this is, but...

1.11.4 isn't entirely up-to-date anymore, and 1.9.0 certainly isn't;
I am semi-regularly building CVS copies and packaging them into debs (well,
more to the point, using a slightly patched version of debian/* and the
build.debian script to do the hard work for me).

They are in the

http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~michaelz/debian/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386

directory, or:

deb http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~michaelz/debian unstable main

in your sources.list.

Its all compiled against *woody* (or testing), and won't work on a potato
(stable) system.

I can of course, make no guarantee that they won't trash your system (hence
they are in an 'unstable' directory :P), etc, etc... however, they should
give you a whole stack of nifty features (including the isometric view if you
like it; I happened not to, but hey ;-p), and of course, allow you to play on
"modern" servers....

Also, be aware that when I'm replacing the files, if you're downloading the
old ones, then you're out of luck... if I want this to be as simple as possible
for me to maintain, I can't keep multiple versions there at once....

<SNIP>
--
Michael `Wumpus' Zinn | "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one
  michael.z@xxxxxxx   |  voice ... it speaks in the language of hope... trust