Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Russian up-to-date localization

To: Dmitriy Genzel <dg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Russian up-to-date localization
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 14:48:14 +0200

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, dg@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've put the latest russian localization into /incoming directory on
> ftp server under the name ru.po.gz.new. Please ignore ru.po.gz in
> the same directory as that is an aborted attempt to ftp the same
> file.
>
> Please make sure that file makes it before the release.

I'll do it if you:

  * Unfuzzy the header entry.
  * "koi8-r" -> "KOI8-R", "8-bit" -> "8bit".
  * Add an appropriate Plural-Forms: header.
  * Add your name to the copyright list.

> Also, I was wondering if I should be made the primary contact for
> Russian localization, since I seem to be the only one who worked on
> it since more than a year ago.

Judging by the output of cvs log freeciv/po/ru.po, that would
certainly be appropriate IMHO.  I think Thue or Tony will have to OK
it first, assuming the old translator is incommunicado.

--
Gaute Strokkenes                        http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
"THE LITTLE PINK FLESH SISTERS," I saw them at th' FLUORESCENT BULB