Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] client locked up (PR#844)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] client locked up (PR#844)
From: jshort@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:10:17 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Jason Short
Version: CVS (~July 10th, 2001)
Client: Gtk+
OS: Red Hat Linux 7.1/i686
Submission from: (NULL) (128.2.84.70)

I was playing a multiplayer game of FreeCiv (one one of the public
servers), and shortly after hitting "end turn" the GTK client locked up.
I was not able to access any menus, enter chat messages, or pop up any
city windows.  I was still able to receive chat messages, including the
ones from the game host telling me to end the turn or he'd instigate a
timeout.  Also, I'm pretty sure only the main FreeCiv window was open at
the time.

I did not have much time to test things out, though, because a turn
timeout was soon instigated and so I quickly quit and restarted the
client.  I was able to reconnect with no problem.

jds