Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Known Bugs

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>, Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Known Bugs
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 17:24:49 +0200

On Friday 06 July 2001 09:40, Christian Knoke wrote:
> PR#820 is fixed now.
>
> You can remove point 2 from http://www.freeciv.org/bugs.phtml
> (That reads: In the city dialog some buttons are too small
> for their text. This varies between locales.)
>
> Christian

I rather fix it completely first.

This is a slightly ugly fix, but better than leavign it as it is.
Normally you don't want to specify the size of a dialog, as the
neccesary size varies between translations, font size, etc.
However, we have done that in the city dialog as we need to know the
width to determine the number of units to show.

The ideal thing would be to put in all the other stuff and then find
out the with, and from that determine the number of units to show in a
row. But there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

So with this patch we just decide on a min width (the same as the
default one), and fill in that many units. This means the dialog is
always at least that wide. If the dialog is wider we don't use that
extra space to display units.
I think this is better than mangling the text.

-Thue