Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: help please-compiling problem

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: help please-compiling problem
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 20:29:24 -0400

At 2001/07/03 16:44 , Peter Ehrlich wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> Do you have an old Freeciv resourcefile in /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults ?
>>
>> If so, remove it.
>
>I removed all files with "freeciv" in them (1) , then I tried recompiling it
>and it didn't work. I'm still getting the same messages. Are there any other
>things it might be?

This isn't a compile problem, it's a run-time problem.  The resource file
for Freeciv's Xaw client contains a version string, which must match the
version of the compiled executable.  This file is generally called Freeciv.
 The "fallback" resource file is in the data subdirectory.

So, first make sure any files with "Freeciv" in the name have been removed
from /usr/lib/X11/app-defaults.  Then, look near the top of data/Freeciv
for a resource named "Freeciv*version".  It should be "1.11.5-devel"
(matching the version reported by the error message as the "Game version").

jjm