Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv Client Side AI (off current topic)

To: "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv Client Side AI (off current topic)
From: Guy Smith <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:29:40 -0400

Even though everybody's in the middle of a release, I thought I'd post this
anyway.  The attached file is the first draft of my plan to implement a
client-side AI.  This will almost certainly involve me writing a new client
from scratch, and hence has no immediate bearing on what any of you might be
working on.  However, several people have expressed an interest in seeing
more about my AI musings, so for those of you who AREN'T preoccupied with
1.12, please read the attached file and offer any criticisms or comments you
might desire.

I should point out that I still haven't managed to read the archives of this
group, or to peruse any source code other that the .ruleset files.  I had
been planning to do that over the weekend, but instead I got distracted by
this funny game where you try to get to Alpha Centauri without getting your
butt kicked...

--Guy Smith
guy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S.  I hope this attachement goes through.  I've been having some problems
posting to this list, as several people who have received personal emails
from me that were meant for the group can attest.