Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] On duration of anarchy time

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] On duration of anarchy time
From: Davide Pagnin <nightmare@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:17:36 +0200

        Hi All!

I want to submit a little question and perhaps starting a discussion on
this.

I look at freeciv code and I noticed that anarchy period is calculated
as:

pplayer->revolution=myrand(5)+1;

This implies that the type of government you came from is not taken in
account.

This sounds wrong to me, and I remember that in Civilization and
Civilization II this was different. Changing governmwnt from democracy
was a real pain, even 10 turns of anarchy, instead changing from
despotism was almost immediate.

What you say about this? It is a feature or a bug?