Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: bulgarian translation

To: selibum <selibum@xxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: bulgarian translation
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 23:42:27 +0200

On Thursday 14 June 2001 07:55, selibum wrote:
> Hi
> I've made bulgarian translation (not full) of freeciv a few months ago. It
> was based on freeciv.pot from 1.10.0 version. It worked quite well for me,
> just needed some hacks like changing the font in the source where it is not
> with cp1251 encoding etc. I mean to ask about this later. Now comes my
> question: are there big diferences between current (1.11.4) freeciv.pot and
> my? I can and want to send my .po file to you, but I'm afraid it could not
> fit with current release. I've downloaded last sources from www.freeciv.org
> and hope these days could find enogh time to compile them with my .po file.
> TIA

There is some script in gettext that automatically updates a po file to the
current code, marking those strings that are relevant. So I would think the
translation could be updated. (though many strings would have to be
retranslated because they had changed)
But surely someone who have actually trued doing stuff like that can give
better advice :)

-Thue