Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] freeciv bug with WRITE command in civserver.exe (PR#795)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv bug with WRITE command in civserver.exe (PR#795)
From: lorimer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 13:07:35 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Derek Ray
Version: 1.11.4
Client: Xaw
OS: Win2000
Submission from: (NULL) (209.86.22.22)

When using the WRITE command in the server to write out a ruleset, it writes the
following two variables to the file that it shouldn't:

seed
randseed

This is bad since when you later start the server with the --read (filename)
command line option, it then reads IN those variables - which result in a
completely identical map and starting position for the game.

I managed a workaround by deleting the two lines from the (filename) that I
wrote out; simple enough for now.

-- Derek