Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: goto function (PR#779)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: goto function (PR#779)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 13:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Friday 25 May 2001 21:10, beckers@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Full_Name: Jürgen Beckers
> Version:
> Client: Both (or N/A)
> OS: Linux
> Submission from: (NULL) (134.95.66.203)
>

> The goto function can be used to "map" undiscovered terrain.
>
> If you select the goto function and move the cursor on an unexplored
> tile, only a route is shown (even is the route does not make much sense),
> if the unexplored tile is a land tile. If the unexplored
> tile is an ocean tile, no route is shown.
>
> This bug is very "useful" for checking which unexplored tiles
> are land tiles, in order to send a ship directly to that coordination
> for colonisation.
>
> Best regards
>
> Juergen

The goto knows the type of tiles adjacent to tiles you can see. It does not
know anything else.
So you shouldn't be able to discover new continent with it.
This is the 4th such bug report I have gotten that claimed you could explore
the whole map with the goto line... The 3 others turned out to be false
alarms :)

(note: rather a bug report too much than one too little)
-Thue