Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Documentation....

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Documentation....
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:39:03 +0200

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 11:44:33PM +0930, Duane  Nielsen wrote:
> HI guys,
>
>     I've been considering writing some code for freeciv.  But where is the
> documentation?  Any worthwhile software project usually has a stack of
> documentation written so that programmers can quickly and easily find out
> how the program is structured and which modules do what.

This has been discussed before.  Freeciv is not worthwhile, according to
your definition of the term.  Some documentation is in

  http://www.freeciv.org/contribute.html
  http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/freeciv_hackers_guide.txt?v=cvs

> All that is really
> needed is a diagram and a decomposition description of how the overall
> system works, which modules call functions from which and what those
> functions are supposed to do.

I suppose this could be generated automatically ... LXR (see the
above URL) already extracts the graph, all it takes is to diagram it.

(Note: I am not a Freeciv developer but I'm sure your effort will be
much appreciated.)

--
Reinier