Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] MacOS X freeciv installation

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] MacOS X freeciv installation
From: Ben Reichardt <breic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:30:06 -0700

Hi,

I installed freeciv 1.11.4 on my MacOS X system.  Basically, everything
worked fine except I had to edit the Makefiles after configuring to replace
'CC = cc' with 'CC = cc --traditional-cpp'.  It runs perfectly with
enlightenment/gtk (this is in rootless Xwindows, not in OS X's native Aqua
display).  But perhaps for the next release you can update the configure
script so it changes the Makefiles for you if you run './configure
--host=ppc'?  That would be great for all the Mac users out there.

Please cc any replies to breic@xxxxxxx .  Thanks.