Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Win32 & Cygnus

To: patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "'Freeciv-Dev (E-mail)" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Win32 & Cygnus
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:42:57 +0200

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 01:33:46PM -0400, Patrick Schmid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a problem starting freeciv using the cygnus libraries:
> $ civ
> Invalid Parameter - /hires

Huh?  (I don't use Windows.  But I don't think the 'civ' script is
suitable for Windows.  The Freeciv for Windows FAQ,
http://www.freeciv.org/windows/, only mentions 'civclient'.)

> gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: data/hires/terrain1
> All fallbacks failed.
> 0: Failed reading XPM file: data/hires/terrain1.xpm

Can you check if in your Freeciv directory there is indeed
a subdirectory data with another subdirectory hires?

Does

  civclient -tiles hires

or

  civclient -tiles trident