Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Win32 & Cygnus

To: "'Freeciv-Dev (E-mail)" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Win32 & Cygnus
From: "Patrick Schmid" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 13:33:46 -0400

Hi,

I've a problem starting freeciv using the cygnus libraries:
$ civ
Invalid Parameter - /hires
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: data/hires/terrain1
All fallbacks failed.
0: Failed reading XPM file: data/hires/terrain1.xpm

Installed:
- Windows 2000 SP1
- Cygwin DLL 1.3.1
- glib-1.2.10
- gtk+-1.2.10
- imlib-1.9.9
- newest XFree86 port to Win32
- newest freeciv CVS
- Micro X-Win32 from StarNet V4.0.1

I was able to download the stable version provided on the webpage and run it
with both X-servers.
I was able to compile the CVS to get a working XAW client. It crashed on
XFree86, but worked with X-Win32

I then wanted to have the gtk client, so I downloaded the source and
compiled the necessary libraries.

The configure script recognized the GTK and IMLIB libraries and compiled
without any error. But I still get the above error message, no matter which
X-Server I try.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Patrick Schmid
Lehigh University '03, MCSE, NT-CIP
Email: patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: http://www.patrick-s.de
PGP DSS4096 (0x6574B3BC): BD18 A298 94D9 DC00 B0BB  716B 78C4 3488 6574 B3BC