Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG: assertion failure in air unit goto (PR#750)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: BUG: assertion failure in air unit goto (PR#750)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday 21 April 2001 00:09, Lino Mastrodomenico wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> A reproducible assertion failure using air unit goto (or patrol).
>
> Load the attached savegame, login as Lino, press "g" and ESC...
> you will get:
> civclient: goto.c:513: goto_pop_waypoint: Assertion `is_active' failed.
>
> I have also attached a possible patch for client/control.c that seems to
> fix this, but I'm not sure if it's correct.
>
> ciao

The patch is not correct.

(history mode)
In the olden days a goto destination was specified in the client and the
server then calculated the route. Now the route is calculated in the client
and then sent to the server. We can therefore draw the line on the map at the
same time. We can do this because we can make one map which give us the
routes to all positions on the map simultaneously.

But the airplane goto is a bit trickier to do this with (because it is
smart!), so in this case we still just send the destination to the server and
lets it figure it out. In this case we do not draw the goto line, and we
should not delete it when we exit the goto state. What happens is that we try
to exit the goto state even though we (correctly) never entered it.

Btw, thanks for the patches and bug reports!
-Thue