Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patch that allows telnet to console-less server

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch that allows telnet to console-less server
From: Thomas Peter Sonne Olesen <tpso@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 01:01:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hello out there.

I have missed a feature that allowed me to run the freeciv server
as a deamon (without a logged in console).

Now I have made some changed that allows me to start the server
with a new option, which causes it do make it deamonized it self.

I can then connect to the server with a telnet client, and after
I have given a password, I get the normal server prompt.

The telnet session can be connected and disconnected without
affecting the running server.

Is this something that have generel interest??

I have not subscribed to this list so
please reply directly to me (with cc to the list).

regards Thomas
r-mail: tpso@xxxxxxxxxxx