Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Proxy support?

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Proxy support?
From: "Bart Coppens" <martinusaso.asse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:36:46 +0200

Hello,
I found the Freeciv website a week ago, and I downloaded the game imediately. After some playing against the AI (I always lost), I wanted to play against a human being. Because I'm working on a little homenetwork, with my computer running under Linux, and my father's computer running Win95 with a ISDN connection and Wingate, I downloaded the Windows-version. Yet that didn't work. The Windows-game always crashed when it starts the game.
So I wanted to play a multiplayer-game over the Internet. Under Windows on my PC, I'm running a Wingate client, acting as a real dial-up connection for all programs, so I don't need to set the proxy-server in all my programs. Under Linux that program doesn't work/exist. When I want a connection under Linux, I just set the proxysettings in Mozilla to my father's local IP. Yet when I tried the same action under Freeciv, I was not very happy to discover that it hadn't some proxy-support.
What do I have to change in the code to let the program work?
Thanks in advance,
Bart Coppens