Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] researchspeed patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] researchspeed patch
From: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:18:19 -0800 (PST)

It bugged me that game.techlevel was associated with the server
variable researchspeed, and game.tech was associated with the server
variable techlevel. Attached is a patch that makes researchspeed
researchspeed. (Of course, one could argue that researchspeed is not a
good name: researchcostfactor might be more explainatory).

The only tricky bit is ensuring that save files with techlevel can be
loaded in. I put a check on game.version to selectively load in from
game.researchspeed or game.techlevel. I haven't really tested that,
however.

Arien