Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: Smarter carriers

To: Freeciv Developpers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: Smarter carriers
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:45:55 +0100

Joona Kiiski wrote:

> Let's take a simple example:
>
> You have 16 bombers on carrier:
> 8 of them have move points 12/16 and
> 8 of them have move points 2/16
>
> Nowadays those bombers are refuelled in random order
> (or more exactly, those which are first in pplayer->units)
>
> So, if you are really lucky you don't lose any, because
> carrier refuelled units which had mp 2/16.
>
> But if you are really unlucky you lose 8 of them,
> because carrier didn't understand to refuel rigth units.
> (it refuelled those with higher mps)
>
> This patch makes carriers to refuel first units which are
> not going to survive without refuelling.
> If carrier can't refuel all units, it refuels most valuable
> units first, and so on.

I have a related point with carriers. If you move a bomber
onto it, and it arrives with its last movepoint, it is not
sentried, and gets lost if the carrier moves away. I'm not
sure yet, but perhaps it gets lost even if the carrier
doesn't move. Some kind of auto-sentry would be nice.

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *