Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions

To: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Martin Olveyra <molv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Kiermaier <michael.kiermaier@xxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: comments on ics solutions
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 01:24:24 +0100

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 10:32:14AM -0800, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 11:51:36AM +0100, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 03:22:59AM -0300, Martin Olveyra wrote:
> > > 2 - reality: The raw matter or low level manufactured production goes from
> > >       small cities to the bigger ones, which really make the highly
> > > manufactured
> > >       goods.
> > >       freeciv abs.: the big cities builds the units, very quickly, and in
> > >       centralized way, and all kind of expensive improvements and
> >
> > Big cities should be able to build more than one thing per turn.
>
> Shouldn't all cities be able to produce more than one unit per turn if
> the shields were available?   Otherwise we are just dealing with more
> micromanagement.

Just checked it. No. Only one unit is build per turn. Probably Sid
Meier hasn't choosen this without reason. There are probably balance
issues attached with this.

An explorer costs 30 shields. A city larger than size 8 produces more
than 30 shields. How fast can a city be pushed up to size 8 or 9?

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx