Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] City Names Version 8

To: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] City Names Version 8
From: Erik Sigra <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 21:44:33 +0100

Get it at <ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/pub/freeciv/incoming/citynames-7.diff.bz2>.

onsdagen den 21 februari 2001 01:04 skrev Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa:
> * use freeciv coding style please: 'indent -kr -i2'

Done.

> * i think server/util.c can be eliminated/merged with the rest of the
> files, it's kind of puny.

Done.

> * there's some hashtable & linked list code there that could use freeciv
> functions.

Haven't looked at that yet. Wanted to get the new patch out today.

> * when having stuff like this:
>
> char *c_string(Obj *x) {
>   if (x->type == STRING) {
>     return x->v.str;
>   } else if (x->type == SYMBOL) {
>     return x->v.sym.symentry->name;
>   } else {
>     /* (should be internal_type_error?) */
>     type_warning("c_string", x, "string/symbol", lispnil);
>     return "";
>   }
> }
>
> IMHO a switch() is nicer.

Done.

> * comments before functions should be like this:
>
> /**************************************************************************
>   Returns the number of bytes still unread by pack_iter.
>   That is, the length minus the number already read.
>   If the packet was already too short previously, returns -1.

Done.

> * more variables & functions could be made static to avoid namespace
> pollution.

Done.

> * some function & var names could be better.

I asked Stan what thoose names are supposed to mean. Here is the answer I got:
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xconq7/2001/msg00038.html>