Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] [Fwd: metrobonus patch]

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, Rikard Anglerud <anglerud@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [Fwd: metrobonus patch]
From: Michael Hasselmann <michael.hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 02:43:56 +0100

Hi folks,

here comes the metrobonus-patch...again. The first one was - as Rikard
Anglerud remainded me (see fwd'ed mail) - incomplete: The
metrobonus-option wasn't handled when saving the game, therefore it was
lost when reloading a game. Some of you perhaps didn't even get so far
because they couldn't handle the original diff-file, as it was gziped
but didn't had the proper ending - shame on me for not checking that
earlier ;-)

The metrobonus-option was thought as a "prevention" against ICS. Now,
after several games, I just can say that it works fine! It doesn't
really forbids ICS, but it gives you a real chance to defend. You can
seriously enforce the metrobonus by setting the research-speed-option to
15 or even higher. ICS-player will then surely lose the tech-race.

Furthermore, the AI gets along quite well with this bonus.

ciao Michael Hasselmann

PS: Feel free to critisize me if I've done anything stupid again :-)