[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wishlist (PR#663)

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Wishlist (PR#663)
From: Maciej Czapkiewicz <czapkiew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:22:10 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Thue wrote:

> Besides, wouldn't it be nicer if the messages of the current turn were saved
> in the savegame? It is also usefull to be reminded of them when you load a
> game.
Maybe, but I need to have those messages to allow playing freeciv in
off-line mode (24h timeout).
I dont want to send whole savegame, I want just notify players
by e-mail.

> Besides, you need a way to conduct diplomacy. How to do that isn't obvious.
Such 24h turn game is very long, I can setup
a mailing list, so players can organise an on-line
meeting if they want to make a diplomacy agreement.
It is not elegant way, but I don't have any other ideas.

MC