[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Citypref patch

To: andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Citypref patch
From: Anders Wegge Jakobsen <wegge@xxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Jan 2001 19:15:09 +0100

"Andrew" == Andrew  <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

 > All:
 > Civ2 had a feature whereby a player could create a text file named
 > "citypref.txt" listing the default order that all cities should build
 > improvements.

 > The same feature can be added to freeciv by adding a new function to
 > server/cityturn.c. I have also included a short file for the doc
 > directory. The diff file follows. (diff'd against version 1.11.4).

 > For your consideration,

 I have applied the patch (by hand - it is not clean against the
current CVS) and playtested it. I did not experience any fatal
problems, but it would be a good idea to a) track the units that are
built, or b) ignore units in the citypref worklist altogether. Apart
from the infinite-riflemen problem I saw, it looks good.

 I would suggest to expand the concept a bit, so that two playlists
are maintained in this way. One that is looked at before the citys own
playlist is checked, and one after.

 > Andrew Howlett.

 > diff -Nr -u freeciv-1.11.4_orig/doc/citypref_README.txt
 > freeciv-1.11.4/doc/citypref_README.txt
 > --- freeciv-1.11.4_orig/doc/citypref_README.txt Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969

 [Rest of patch snipped]

 It might be a good idea to include the patch as a MIME attachment
another time. I had to manually un-wrap some of the lines before it
was useable.

--
/Wegge