[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Reengineering

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI Reengineering
From: "Luis Palma" <lpalma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 4 Jan 2001 12:03:03 -0000

Thue wrote:

"The problem is that no one is really responsible for the AI right now."
--
No problem. If the goal is to build a global reestruturation of the AI, based
on an heavy discussed conceptual model I am offering my time and skills to do

"But if you want to work on an area I suggest ai_eval_buildings in
ai/advdomestic.c . That code is out of sync with the way buildings are
defined in the rulesets, it would be nice if it was updated. This function is
also used for selecting an autobuild option for human players.
(you may need to also look at related functions)

Currently there is a bug in the AI that makes set luxery rates very high. If
you could fix that it would improve the AI short term. Look in
ai/aihand.c:ai_manage_taxes()

I make no garanties that I will personally take the time to proffread, test
and commit your patches."
--
The goal of what I am proposing is not fixing the actual AI but rebuilding it
completly. Ok, meanwhile someone can make some patches for fixing bugs, so the

Luís Palma

O e-mail preferido dos portugueses http://www.portugalmail.pt