Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patch: better huts distribution

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch: better huts distribution
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 00:17:37 -0500

Often there are too many huts at the poles. In this patch, huts on the first and last lines are forbidden (it seems reasonable to me that nobody lives at the very poles), and the probablities of huts on arctic and tundra terrain are reduced.

I also fixed an apparent bug because I figure the number of huts should scale with map size. So it is now possible to have more than 500 huts on a real large map. On the other hand, the maximum possible number of huts on a default map of 80x50 is approximately 250 because they have to be at least 3 tiles apart from each other.

Mike