Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv Bug? (PR#632)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] FreeCiv Bug? (PR#632)
From: Jordan DeLong <fracture@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:38:09 -0800 (PST)

While using civclient (not running the server) the memory used by my X
process grows and grows.  I found this out the hard way by running out of
swap space, hehe :P  Anyway:  I'm not sure if this is FreeCiv's fault, or
not, so here's the information to let you guys see if you get similar
reports:

uname -a:
   FreeBSD cx420564-b 4.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE #0: Wed Nov 22 22:07:19
GMT 2000
   fracture@cx420564-b:/usr/src/sys/compile/HOBOIV  i386
freeciv version 1.11.4, as found in the freebsd ports collection
I recently (er..the other day) upgraded to XFree86-4.0.2
   nv driver, wmaker
gtk version 1.2.8, from freebsd ports
imlib 1.9.8.1

hmm can't think of anything else that could be related.

I'm guessing it's a problem with the nv driver in XFree86-4.0.2, if you guys
aren't having this for all the other platforms, etc.

That said:  _great_ game (I was a huge fan of the orig. civ).  I like it
enough to restart my X every 20mins or so to keep playing! :P

Thanks,
Jordan