Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple units killed in one attack (PR#619)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: rigelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Multiple units killed in one attack (PR#619)
From: Zhenzhong Jing <mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 13:07:33 -0500 (EST)

>On Fri, Dec 08, 2000, rigelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>Submission from: (NULL) (134.250.30.228)
>
>I've encountered a problem recently.  I'm not sure if it's a >feature.Say I
have a dozen (actually once I had 32) units all
>parked on one square outside an enemy city.  Say, moreover, that
>they are all howitzers.  Again, theorize that the enemy attacks
>me.  There is only one contest and all the units are wiped out.
>In old versions of freeciv this was not the case.

That's not true.  This has always been the case.  To quote Freeciv Help --
Combat:

"If the defender loses, and is not inside a city or fortress,
all other units at the defender's location are destroyed
along with the defender."

This is also the standard behavior in Civ1/2.  Note the exception about
city/fortress.  That might be where the confusion came from.

Mike