Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Layer view patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Layer view patch
From: Daniel M Church <dchurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:11:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Thue wrote:

> On Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:28:23 Daniel M Church wrote:
> > I added some options to the View menu that allow you to turn on and off
> > rendering of the different parts of the map, such as terrain, cities,
> > improvements, etc.  It helps when, for instance, you have your entire map
> > covered in railroads and you can't see the terrain itself any more, or
> > something like that.  I patched it from the October 31 CVS sources.  Note
> > that (1) I did not patch the Xaw client to include the menu entries, and
> > (2) I added some new tiles to the tileset; I only patched the trident
> > tileset, however.  The other tilesets should not be difficult to patch,
> > however, since there were only a few small changes.
>
> And people of course know that the engels graphics and the XAW implementation
> have to be done too before this patch can be commited.

I'll get to that ASAP, but until then I'd like whatever comments people
feel like making.

> Maybe you should also add an option not to display Fog of War now you have all
> the others implemented.

Good idea, I'll make sure to do that.

> I also noticed that with units turned off the focus unit still blinked on and
> off. It would seem more naturel to me not to show this one either in this
> case.
> (but that is maybe subjective).

Hm... I thought it better to keep the focus unit blinking.  Maybe I'll
just make another option to let you do that, sorta like the View
Coastlines bit.

--
                        |  "You used to be my hero,
     Daniel Church      |   now you're just an empty shell.
     ___---^---___      |   I've seen too many others tumble,
    dchurch@xxxxxxxx    |   I will watch you fall as well."