Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Layer view patch

To: Daniel M Church <dchurch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Layer view patch
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 23:00:06 +0100

On Thu, 09 Nov 2000 03:28:23 Daniel M Church wrote:
> I added some options to the View menu that allow you to turn on and off
> rendering of the different parts of the map, such as terrain, cities,
> improvements, etc.  It helps when, for instance, you have your entire map
> covered in railroads and you can't see the terrain itself any more, or
> something like that.  I patched it from the October 31 CVS sources.  Note
> that (1) I did not patch the Xaw client to include the menu entries, and
> (2) I added some new tiles to the tileset; I only patched the trident
> tileset, however.  The other tilesets should not be difficult to patch,
> however, since there were only a few small changes.

And people of course know that the engels graphics and the XAW implementation
have to be done too before this patch can be commited.

Maybe you should also add an option not to display Fog of War now you have all
the others implemented.
I also noticed that with units turned off the focus unit still blinked on and
off. It would seem more naturel to me not to show this one either in this case.
(but that is maybe subjective).

-Thue