Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Readline doesn't work under RH7

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Readline doesn't work under RH7
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 12:21:36 +0200

It worked until I installed Redhat 7.0. But no more.
I have readline and readline-devel packages installed, but
Freeciv doesn't compile with readline support.

checking for gethostbyname... (cached) yes
checking for connect... (cached) yes
checking for rl_callback_handler_install in -lreadline... (cached) no
configure: error: Specified --with-readline but did not find library.

In config.log, there have not been written anything special for that.

[tuma@paaskyniemi /tuma]$ locate libreadline
/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4
/usr/lib/libreadline.so.4.1
/usr/lib/libreadline.a
/usr/lib/libreadline.so

Hmm... What's wrong?

Readline version is 4.1.

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is