Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv
From: cyb97 <cyb97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:53:39 +0100

At 18.10.2000 17:07 +0200, you wrote:

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:37:39 John Meller wrote:
> Hello to all,
> Thank you for producing such a great game. Very well done!
> I am quite new to the Linux community, but plan to stay :)
> I still do alot in the programming area with Visual Basic though. I would
like to have permission to port your game into VB code and DirectX7.

> Thank you
> John

You may want to only port the client; it will be half the work, and the server
works fine on windows already.

-Thue

This might be what we are looking for, a "pure" microsoft rewrite of the client, the server wouldn't need a rewrite though, #1 most highload servers hosted online would be on *nix platforms, #2 as far as I can tell the Andreas K. version is working
perfectly.

--
cyb97 / noXtension