Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv

To: "John Meller" <jmeller@xxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:56:11 -0400

At 2000/10/18 10:37 , John Meller wrote:

> Hello to all,
> Thank you for producing such a great game. Very well done!
> I am quite new to the Linux community, but plan to stay :)
> I still do alot in the programming area with Visual Basic though. I would
> like to have permission to port your game into VB code and DirectX7.

Freeciv is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL; see
<http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>).

You don't need any permission to do anything with the Freeciv code, as long as
you conform to the GPL.

You might think about not using the name "Freeciv", however, to avoid
confusion
between your application and Freeciv.

jjm