Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: capitalization

To: cyb97 <cyb97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx, Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re: capitalization
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 07:41:03 +0200

On 2000-10-15 04:31:05, cyb97 wrote:
> At 14.10.2000 13:02 +0100, you wrote:
> >Markus <markus.buechele@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >On the other side of the coin, then, countries would be allowed to
> >borrow...  and then pay interest...
>
> In theory we should be allowed to borrow money, but you have to borrow
> from somewhere, and you don't really want to borrow from your enemies?
> So unless we change freeciv to be about world-domination to become a
> more roleplaying, everlasting game of world-cohabitation, borrowing IMHO
> isn't really a feature that would make sense.

Freeciv won't change over night but I don't think I'm alone in wanting
to see some more roleplaying/simulation...
So I see nothing wrong in enabeling loans in diplomacy (like in Alpha
Centayri?) even though most won't use it as it is now...
One step at the time...

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)