Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Client/Server localization problem

To: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Client/Server localization problem
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Sep 2000 12:53:31 +0200

Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Changing languages on the fly using gettext is not generally
> > portable, though GNU gettext can do it.
>
> Huh? Is there any other gettext than GNU's?

Yes.  The interface is some sort of standard, look in the gettext
manual for details.

> And even if there was, we're using the GNU version anyways.

Not really.  By default, the included gettext is used if there is no
gettext available on the system at configure time.  You can override
this with --with-included-gettext, though.

Anyway, I'm just pointing it out.

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
Now, let's SEND OUT for QUICHE!!