Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Graphical server frontend

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Graphical server frontend
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:40:50 +0300

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 08:06:14AM +0200, Daniel Sj?lie wrote:
> On 2000-09-08 21:27:58, Thue wrote:
> > Random thought: You could split the server like the client, with a sub
> > directory
> > for a terminal based frontend, one for a graphical frontend, etc. It should
> > be
> > easy to isolate the common server code.
> > It would also allow for an easier programmed and more powerfull frontend I
> > think.
> > (not that I intent to make a graphical frontend myself)
>
> Did this only go to the freeciv list? (not freeciv-dev)
> I really like this idea so I thought I'd make sure everybody
> had heard about it at least...

Yes, I think this would be a pretty good solution, but
isn't server "frontend" enough? I think it wouldn't be too
hard to write as well. (not that I intend to make or even use
any graphical server frontends).

One benefit at least would be that it (graphical frontend)
would always stay up to date...

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is