Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO: proposal for format more flexible rulesets

To: Marc Strous <m.strous@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO: proposal for format more flexible rulesets
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 15:07:50 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Marc Strous wrote:

> i'm sorry i'm not familiar with AC and therefore your suggestions are very
> valuable to me(: so how do the social categories work? would implementation
> require more "scope" types than "city" and "nation" or could these
> categories be implemented as different 'pools' where different resources
> get allocated to? or does it mean that one 'goverment' dialog would not
> suffice (in other words is it a client-only problem?)

        You might want to take a look at the freecivAC project at
http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~stewart/fcindex.html
Social engineering (otherwise known as compound governments) is partially
implemented here already. Essentially, you can form your chosen government
by summing together the effects of individual constituent governments (in
AC these come under the categories of Economics, Future Society, Politics
and Values - for example, you can form a government which uses Free Market
Economics and Fundamentalist Politics).

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Never was a cornflake girl / Thought that was a good solution"