Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO: proposal for format more flexible rulesets

To: freeciv@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO: proposal for format more flexible rulesets
From: Marc Strous <m.strous@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 23:14:16 +0200

>How would you combine this with social engineering? With social
>engineering, Government will just be one social category.
>The civ2 ruleset would be a special case where government is the only
>social category with the choices Despotism, Monarchy, Republic,
>Fundamentalism, Democracy, Communism, Anarchy.

>The AC ruleset would have the social categories Politics, Economics,
>Values, Future Soceity. Each with a group of choices.

i'm sorry i'm not familiar with AC and therefore your suggestions are very
valuable to me(: so how do the social categories work? would implementation
require more "scope" types than "city" and "nation" or could these
categories be implemented as different 'pools' where different resources
get allocated to? or does it mean that one 'goverment' dialog would not
suffice (in other words is it a client-only problem?)

>Artillery? Transfer resources?
what do you mean by these things? artillery sounds like a unit type? or do
you mean something else? please explain...
marc