Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] concerning the observer idea

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] concerning the observer idea
From: Jérôme Lacoste <jerome.lacoste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:27:52 +0200

I think it might be dangerous as one player could start an observer to cheat
and see what's going with the other players.
To do so, an observer should only see what a player allows him to see.
I.e., as a player I should have the option to turn down any observer, as
well as accepting one, ... A little bit like a cookie mecanism on my
browser.
Otherwise, it is risky to use.

Question: I tried FreeCiv for the first time yesterday. Are they any bot ao
I can play alone when I am not connected?

Jerome Lacoste. lacostej@xxxxxxxx