Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Against cheating clients: global_advances patch.

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Against cheating clients: global_advances patch.
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 00:30:24 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Jeff Mallatt wrote:

> At 2000/08/20 20:34 , Marko Lindqvist wrote:
> >
> > Don't send to client any such information concerning global techlevel
> >that is impossible for user of standard (non-cheating) client to see.
> >

> This doesn't address all cases.  I didn't do an exhaustive search, but at
> least the spaceship advances need to be included (at least, for now).

 Well, I did grep 'global_advances' and found no other cases where it is
used client side.
 With spaceship advances, you are referring to game_next_year(), correct?
It's called only from city_change_production_penalty() and
game_advance_year() which both are called only from server.

> Also, I think I'd eventually prefer to not send global_advances at all, if
> posible, send just the vector of obsoleted wonders.

 Eventually, yes.

 Caz