[Freeciv-Dev] zlib compression

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] zlib compression
From: Lauri Tarkkala <ltarkkal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 22:40:37 +0300

Hello,

I tinkered with my freeciv-net* patches some more, and added compression
of all network traffic using zlib. I played a test game with 6 AI's
against each other, and with one client monitoring one AI. The
game lasted untill 1810 AD.

The bandwith use looked at this point like below. The number in
paranthesis is the amount actually transmitted on-the-wire
in compressed form.