[Freeciv-Dev] Units take-over (capturing)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Units take-over (capturing)
From: Jerzy Klek <qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:58:23 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

First, I would like to support the idea of a barge unit.

OK, this is my thought: Currently you can only attack units
while there are non-military units which it seems one should
be able to 'take prison' or rather take-over, for example
caravans. It seems logical that you capture the camels and so on
and you can use them as you wish. My proposal: to make possible
to take over such units: if they are left alone undefended
on a tile, moving over does make make them be killed but they
change the ownership. It would be controlled by a unit flag in
the ruleset file so it shouldn't hurt anyone who doesn't like it.

This idea would actually serve make other things closer, like
watchtowers that were discussed some time ago and were proposed to
be simply non-moveable units.

/Jerzy