[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: cmd_end_game

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: cmd_end_game
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:42:30 +0200

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 01:24:24PM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> On 2000-07-19 13:24:17, Reinier Post wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 10:13:35PM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> > >
> > > Updated to current CVS...
> > > I really think this is a harmless and usefull little patch...
> > > (If You see a problem - please tell me :)

(the patch adds an /end command)

Actually, I have a comment: could you rename it to /endgame ?
That way the name is more descriptive, while /end will still work.

> > Not sure if this is desirable on the public civservers.
> > Maybe we should add an additional command level for them.
>
> Why is that?
> It should leave the server in the same state as when a game finishes (at
> least that's the idea) and a player with ctrl level allready has the power
> to mess the game up...

You're right, of course.  I was thinking of a more general solution
to that problem and I hadn't thought it through yet.  Now, I think
improving the the 'cmdlevel first' feature is the right solution.
No need for a new command level.  See my posting of yesterday.

> Or were You speaking more of the public civservers as special than of
> this command as special?

This command is special in that the wrapper running civserver.freeciv.org
doesn't deal well with games that have ended, but that's something to be
fixed in the wrapper.

--
Reinier