[Freeciv-Dev] Re: problem/patch: civil war AI player is created DS_NEUTR

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: problem/patch: civil war AI player is created DS_NEUTRAL (PR#516)
From: gs234@xxxxxxxxx (Gaute (B) Strokkenes)
Date: 14 Aug 2000 21:43:09 +0200

David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Currently the new player generated in a civil war is created with
> diplomatic state DS_NEUTRAL towards everyone.  But since this player
> is created as AI-controlled, and the AI doesn't (yet) understand
> diplomacy, this player should (at least for now) be created at
> DS_WAR with everyone, like other AI players.  Attached patch does
> this.

Hm.  Maybe this fixes the same problem that I reported earlier, where
someone captured my capital and a civil war ensued, and I couldn't
attack the rebels because I wasn't at war with them?  (I'm sorry I
don't have the bug number at hand, I'm offline right now.)

--
Big Gaute (not to be confused with LG)
.. If I cover this entire WALL with MAZOLA, wdo I have to give my