[Freeciv-Dev] Re: CTP implementation

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: CTP implementation
From: Rustan Rosen <rustan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:09:44 +0200 (MEST)

Since there seems to be a couple of modpacks underway, is there a need for
a new way of selecting what ruleset is to be used in the game?

Maybe when the server is started, a menu comes up and you are asked a
couple of questions. Not like in Civ2, i like to make all those selections
like it is now, but rather like Civ1 when you chose what sound and screen
resolution you want, you could choose what game you want to play.

I think this would ease the use of modpacks for people unfamiliar with
command-lines.

I'm thrilled at the idea of having all these new modpacks, but a slight
warning goes out to you thinking of developing them anyway. Dont undertake
too much, although there is much done in freeciv as is, the creation of
something along the lines of CtP is not a small task for a handful of
people.

This is _not_ something I've been planning to say for any amount of time
at all, so come with all critique you can right at me.

/Rustan