[Freeciv-Dev] Re: city-info shows wrong ressources (PR#508)

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: M.Schreiber@xxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: city-info shows wrong ressources (PR#508)
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 01:53:51 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, Thue wrote:

> Den fre, 11 aug 2000 skrev M.Schreiber@xxxxxx:
>
> > If you settle with your city on a dessert spot (yes, there are
> > cases when you have to do it) the graphical info in the city-info
> > shows 2 Food whereas 1 is actually the right value. Anyway, for
> > the foodbox the correct value is taking into consideration.

 Are you sure about this last sentence. I can't reproduce this part (wrong
value is used everywhere as far as I can tell.)

> This seems to have been introduced with the game ruleset patch. The attach
> patch should be the correct way to do it.
>
> -Thue

 I'm not against moving all checks for min_city_center_xxx to the end of
city_get_xxx_tile() -functiosn as your patch does, but here's how it was
done before game.ruleset:

 Minimum of one shield was given immediately after base terrain
production. Thats exactly how it's now. (I put checks for minimum food and
trade production to similar places for consistency). Minimum food was
checked after railroad effect. There was no minimum trade at all.

 Where check for min_city_center_shield should be for civ2 compatibility?
(I trusted it was in the right place before.)

 Caz