[Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI not required to adhere to max rates (PR#505)

To: skorpion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: AI not required to adhere to max rates (PR#505)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:19:36 +1000 (EST)

Vincent Ugenti <skorpion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Version: 1.11.0

> I noticed by observing several AI players in a computer-only game that
> the AI can set whatever rates it wants, regardless of government.
>
> For example, I noticed under Despot and Monarchy AI players running with
> 100% science rates.

If your AI players are difficulty level "hard" (use 'list' in
the server to check), then this is a feature: thats an deliberate
advantage for the AI players on hard difficulty.

If your AI players are difficulty level "normal" or "easy" ("easy"
is the default), then this could be due to a bug which is already
fixed in stable version 1.11.4 - please try that.  (How were the
AI players created?  Eg, using 'create', or 'set aifill' ?)

> I'm sure you cna verify this quite easily in the same way that I
> discovered it.

(Unfortunately not necessarly, because of the combination of all
possible parameters which could have an effect :-(

Regards,
-- David